Friday, November 09, 2007

Baaaaabies...

I think it's about time to stick a fork in this thing, don't you?

The clearest sign of my lack of motivation and opportunity to blog is the fact I've been meaning to write this sine die post for over a month now!

There's another reason too. For those of you who don't know, and I'd imagine that's most if not all of you, Little Rockette is going to welcome a little brother or sister to the family a few weeks after Opening Day 2008. We probably should be scared out of our minds, but we're also very excited that she'll have sibling that close in age.

Another baby, especially one arriving right at the beginning of the season, is going to cut into baseball time for sure. I left the blog active after Little Rockette's arrival, and was able to post a little bit in 2007, but that was mostly because she was sleeping through the night 90% of time when the beginning of the season rolled around. I don't imagine we'll have any such luck until at least the All Star break.

Plus, as those of you who have been around since the team moved in 2005 could attest, this blog hasn't been what it once was since the end of the Inaugural Season. I was hoping to get back into it over time, which is why I've held off on officially killing this thing. I'd still love to blog about the Nationals again some day, but it's best to let Nasty Nats stand alone as what it is, and what it once was.

This is probably the part where I should wax poetic about my dead blog in a Basil-esque manner, but I have neither the time nor the creative energy to pull that off properly.

I'll say this, though: The Nationals could not have entered my life at a better time. In 2005, I was living alone, two years removed from college, with my fiancée living in another state until our October wedding. I needed something other than cheap beer and microwave pizza to occupy my time. The Nationals, the Natosphere and the jockjaws at Yuda's filled that void nicely. I'll remember everything about that year fondly.

Except Paul Schrieber. I hate that rat bastard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Congrats Rocket! I suppose that's one way to go about reestablishing a Republican base in Northern VA. :)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Simon Oliver Lockwood said...

Let me join in the congratulations. Little Rockette has a ready-made posse.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home