Friday, May 05, 2006

Changes

I'm not sure who actually reads my blog, if anyone, outside of the little circle of freaks in the Natosphere. But truth be told, I consider the Nationals fans online to be another circle of friends in my life, despite the fact I have met practically none of them in person. So I feel like it's more than appropriate to update my friends on the major changes that are developing in my life.

As some of you may know, my sleepy little job at a publisher in Fairfax was downsized early in 2006. In early April I accepted a conditional offer for a political position back in the crazy world of Washington, DC. I began the job this past Monday, and I'm still getting used to my new schedule. I do know, however, that the job will be much more hectic than my previous job which allowed me to post online quite often. In addition, commuting in from the hinterlands of Prince William County will add at least a couple of hours to my professional workday.

During the 2005 season, the big impending personal milestone was my October wedding. Well, there will be another big personal milestone in 2006. In mid-December, another Nationals fan will be brought into the world. We learned about a month ago that Mrs. Rocket is pregnant.

Given the state of the Nationals on-the-field right now, I'm not sure it's fair to a child to indoctrinate him/her to be a Nationals fan. But, like most of us, I'm optimistic the new owners will get things shaped up, hopefully in time for Little Rocket(te)'s first game.

Anyways, I'm sure it's fairly apparent my plate just got really full for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to shut down the blog; I just may not post very often. I'll be around, just not as often as before. My appearances online will probably be similar in frequency to other parent members of the Natosphere like DM or Brandon.

So, that's it. Life throws you major changes all the time; I just happened to get two of them in the span of about three weeks!

Fire Bowden.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carl said...

My 3-year-old has a set of red and black pom-poms that she'll wave and shout "Let's Go Nationals!" So if it's a crime, you and me both. Congrats!

3:50 PM  
Blogger MissChatter said...

Oooh congrats!! (On both accounts) Even if you did call us freaks!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Rocket1124 said...

Anything to indoctrinate the younger generation, eh Carl?

And freaks is a term of endearment!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Brandon Kriner said...

Hey! Congrats! That's great. By the way, the little girls' outfit that you pictured in your post is the one my daughter has! She's going to her first game on Sunday and she'll be in that outfit!

Little-known or cared about fact: Babies R'Us has tons of Nats merchandise for babies.

Congrats!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Eric said...

Heh heh...The worst will be when you figure out that in ten years your kid can look up all your posts. F words and all! ;-)

Congrats man.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Farid @ Beltway Boys said...

I have noticed that my many of the radical-left liberal friends of my youth (I was their token conservative friend) have turned to the dark side as they got older. Why? Said Bill, "It's one thing when it's you who are doing it to someone else's daughter, but it's an entirely different matter when it's your daughter it's being done to! All of a sudden, being able to make choices without consequences just didn't seem quite as wise.

No matter where your political loyalties lie, be them left, or right of center, they're going to change. Each of my six children made me a different person, with different opinions and values.

Good luck!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Scott M. Collins said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger thurdl said...

Congrats! That's just kick ass news all around, and a perfectly reasonable excuse to step away from blogging as extensively.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Congrats Rocket ...

I would imagine the name Paul (as in Schrieber)isn't in consideration if it's a boy ;)

10:17 AM  
Blogger El Gran Color Naranja said...

No, no. The child's name must be "Fire Bowden" (Bowden of course being the middle name)

Who would have thought that one day married bloggers with kids would outnumber scary childless loners?

4:04 PM  
Blogger DM said...

Congrats, Rocket!! Actually, one kid isn't so bad. But you won't realize this until you have 2 or more, after it's too late to reclaim that lost free time. But, eventually, you get to describe a double play to them, and it is all worth it, and then some.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home