Thursday, March 02, 2006

And if I claim to be a wise man

I'm not sure I've had an original blogging idea in a long time. And it's kind of frustrating. There's a ton of Nats blogs out there, and a lot of niches that are filled. Some guys know the Nats farm system (or lack thereof) like the back of their hands. Other guys are diligent enough to weigh in on almost every news development. One gives us the schismatic point of view, while another gives us the female point of view. Then there are the guys who are smart enough to admit they are too lazy and enlist friends to blog with them.

I guess I'm the guy who compensates for his lack of anything to say by posting pictures of ex-Nationals in their new uniforms. Or by amassing a collection of over 100 spring training photos stolen from news sources.

It must have been the posts from JP Allard and MissChatter that got me thinking. I don't fully agree with JP; there is a place for the link-factory news regurgitator blogs - and I enjoy reading them. But I don't want this place to be one of them. So I guess I fall more into MissChatter's camp. I started this place as "Nats Homework" - a way to force myself to pay attention to the team. But like MissChatter said about herself, I too don't have biting wit, a head for stats or the indepth knowledge of the farm system. I just like baseball, the Nationals, and I like to write about it too.

I've pointed out before this entry as one that I'm especially proud of. It was a neat little tidbit a half dozen people witnessed, and it made for a good story. I like this entry too, where I wrote about Mrs. Rocket thoroughly enjoying herself at a ballgame.

Maybe that's my niche. Writing stuff that you wouldn't read anywhere else, whether it's about me or it's something that only I witnessed. I guess we'll see what this season brings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

And I'm willing to bet there are plenty of things that only you witnessed.

Or you could try the female point of view.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Rocket1124 said...

MissChatter makes a much better female than me, despite what my junior high gym teacher said.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home