Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Mr. Tony Would Be Proud



How 'bout that Hector Carrasco and that Cristian Guzman?

Yes, I'm well aware how pathetic it is that we're excited about the starting performance of a 35 year old reliever who had to scramble to find a job this year. But it's the something, and the Nats are playing hard, trying to finish the year over .500 and not in last place.

And yes, I'm also well aware of how pathetic it is that I have nothing else to say on the subject. But hopefully I'm not turning into Kornheiser, who used his two and a half paragraphs in yesterday's paper to defend old guys. Talk about having nothing worthwhile to say.

Oh well, at least I'll be on that honeymoon in less that two weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous todd said...

rocket...

i just wanted to say it was good reading your blog entries about the Nats this season, I checked pretty much after every game... thanks for all your writing, it's very good. I got my Nats scores here too back in our peak in June. Anyway, we reached what I hoped we would reach this year, and that is .500 in a very competitive division. We have a lot to build on and it should be a fun offseason.

Hope you keep this running every once in a while in the offseason and next season.

All the luck with your wedding, Go Blue, and see ya next year when he have a true cleanup hitter,

-Todd, Harrisonburg VA (JMU)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Rocket1124 said...

Wow. Thanks Todd, I appreciate it. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home