Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Superman He Is Not

Mets 5, Nats 3

It's been a long night for many reasons, of which the Nats are just one. So I'll be very brief for now.

I got a late invite to the game, and I sat in the outfield on College Night, so my powers of observation were very limited. But I do know a few things.

1) As much as he may try to prove otherwise, Livan is not Superman. Sometimes you may have to score more than three runs for him.

2) Wil Cordero batting cleanup is an obvious reason why scoring more than three runs was not easy tonight. And don't blame it on injuries. The rotting corpse of Cristian Guzman would be a better fit in the cleanup hole. In all seriousness, why not put Vinny there? Tonight, Jamey Carroll would have been a better fit than Cordero at cleanup. This is what should have been the top of the lineup: Wilk, Carroll, Vidro, Guillen as 1-2-3-4.

3) Guillen is pissed about something. He should have had Floyd's single to right in the sixth. Maybe it's just me, but I thought he was dogging it when I saw the play. He also left five guys on base. That's right. Five! Three of them were in scoring position. I think he might be pressing or something. We'll be back with more observations from Captain Obvious after these messages.

4) Washington has lost only 12 games at home. I've been to 10 total games. Five of those are Nats losses. Conclusion? Time for me to stay away from RFK for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yuda said...

It's been a long night for many reasons, of which the Nats are just one.

Everything OK?

12:11 AM  
Blogger Rocket1124 said...

Nothing to worry about. I appreciate the concern though. Read my post again, I updated it with a thought about Guillen.

12:23 AM  
Blogger El Gran Color Naranja said...

Guillen's gotten too angry. There's a mlb.com columns insinuating he's mad that they didn't retaliate for Pedro hitting him. Let's hope he hasn't crossed that line from Crazy Good Guy to Crazy Bueatiful (man that was a bad movie)

Yuda, it's the two losses in three days. Nasty Nats is the man who cares too much.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home