Sunday, July 10, 2005

Limping into the break...

Phils 5, Nats 4 (12 innings)

I don't even want to talk about this one; it hurts too much. Everyone's been talking about how sweet our bullpen has been this year. Well, we had a 4-2 lead in the eighth in this one, and the bullpen blew it. The bullpen nearly blew it Friday. And the bullpen let up the winning run yesterday.

Sure, we gotta score more runs. But we're going to have a full-strength lineup after the break for probably the first time in two months. But the bullpen needs some rest and some more confidence. Another arm wouldn't hurt either. You hear that, Bowden? ANOTHER ARM, not Preston "Coors" Wilson.

This blows. The Nats need three days off, and so do I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tommie Lee said...

Amen. I didn't see the game, but I get the impression I'll need a beer or even a shot to watch SportsCenter tonight. Maybe both.

I think our first priority has to be more arms before we go after more bats.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home