Monday, July 18, 2005

Insert string of expletives

Worst team in NL 5, Worst playing team in MLB 4

This is it. This has to be rock bottom.

A horrendous, horrendous game all around. And there's plenty of blame for everyone.

I don't have the stomach to give you an accurate recap. But here are the lowlights that stick out in my mind.

Tony Armas leaves the game in the 3rd because of dizziness and dehydration. Hello? It's called WATER!

Eischen comes in relief and does a fine job, but Frank leaves him out one batter two long.

Preston Wilson stumbles and blows a chance in center field that Wilky would have had.

Guzman is an absolute sack of warm monkey excrement. He made three outs on two bunts that a Little Leaguer should be ashamed of. He made a fielding error that probably led to another run. He needs to sit on the bench NOW.

Vinny's fielding error let in the winning run. He's hurting bad.

Frank made the ultimate bonehead. Bottom nine. Down 1 run. Two men on. One man out. Ryan Church at bat. Left-handed pitcher on the mound. Last time he was faced with this situation, he hit a three run home run!!!!!!!!!!

And what does Frank do? HE BATS JAMEY CARROLL! I mean, I love Jamey Carroll. But he doesn't have the pop you need in that situation. Frank, I respect you, but you really boggle the mind. Whose bone does Church have to smooch in order to get a chance to prove himself?! You'll replace Church with Carroll but you won't replace Guzman with Carroll?

This was sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Everyone should be embarrassed. Even the crowd tonight should be embarrassed; it seemed like a tomb on TV. The leaders on this team need to step up and call everyone to account. This is where the team needs to realize it's not a joke. The Braves are for real. The rest of the NL East is not a joke.

And I'm in a rage right now. Depending on how much I think about it, I alternate between uncontrollable anger and tears.

And that's why I'm going to take the next two days off. I'm not even going to expose myself to anything Nats related for at least the rest of the Colorado series. I may even get rid of my Thursday Astros tickets if I'm still hurting.

I need this rest for my sanity. I'll see you all on the flip side.

Sometimes I really resent that the Nats have made me care so much.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tommie Lee said...

I'd say "keep the faith", but I'm lacking it at the moment, too...and it would make me want to hit me...

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Todd said...

"Whose bone does Church have to smooch in order to get a chance to prove himself?! You'll replace Church with Carroll but you won't replace Guzman with Carroll?"

True words, Rocket. Keep the faith, Preston has worked out well at the plate thus far(very good OBP%). Changes are a coming for the lineup, so stay tuned, I know you will.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Natty Bumpo said...

speaking of the crowd being embarassed: what was up with girls in the balcony down the 3B line hooting and hollering and flirting with players during our 9th-inning rally?? sure caught esteban loaiza's eye. yes, they're starting pitchers and weren't going to be called on to pinch hit or anything, but loaiza and drese were NOT watching the game...they were fully out of the dugout checking out the ladies.

i don't know...a little attention to what you're getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to do? too much to ask?

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Allard said...

Guys, last time I checked, Nats are still first. I'd hate to read your diatribes if they were as lousy as the Mets.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Tommie Lee said...

First now, yes. But at the end of this week, do you still think we'll be ahead of Hotlanta?

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yes we'll be ahead of HOTLANTA. "Keep the faith" is right on, prior to last night's sterling persormance from Patts thigs were tough, but let show a little spine.
-HJMcK

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home