Saturday, July 30, 2005

Capitol Insight

Must Read: Chris's well written rant on the state of the Nats and what the new owners must do.

It's well reasoned, even though I'm not sure I agree with all of it.

I don't think the Nats are done yet, although they're not too far away from a catatonic state. Jim Bowden needs to go, and I wouldn't cry a tear if Frank didn't come back.

Guzman should never play for Washington again at the rate he's going, but I think he's too hard on Jose Guillen. The guy is quirky, loud and annoying, true, but he can be very useful. I think Vinny is worth hanging on to for this year, at least, he can still wield a good glove and shows enough pop to probably be a competent seventh hitter in the lineup.

And I don't think June was as much of a fluke as he implies. Sure, they were playing over their heads a little bit, but it's not like this is an awful team.

I think the Nats are on the verge of busting out again, but they'd better do it soon or it will be too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home