Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Nightmares

Angels 11, Nationals 1

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had a pretty disturbing dream last night. Riding a 10 game winning streak, the Nats went into Anaheim/Los Angeles/Orange County/California/West Coast to play the Angels. The (Whereever the hell they're from) Angels were leading the AL West, but we had Esteban Loaiza, one of our more solid pitchers on the mound.

But Loaiza didn't have his stuff. He was tagged for two runs in the first inning by a potent Angel offense. After settling down for two innings, he allowed three more runs in the fourth before manager Frank Robinson told him his day was over. The bullpen wasn't any good either in my dream, they allowed another half dozen runs.

I dreamt that meanwhile, Jose Guillen was getting lustily booed by the Angel fans. Apparently, he wasn't very nice to his team in Anaheim/LA/whatever. If only those stupid fans could see him now in the clubhouse in Washington. They'd be proud of "Pops." Guillen drove in the only run for the Nats as well, prompting more boos.

In my nightmare, it became evident how small a margin for error the Nationals have. Big innings by the opponents have to be minimized. The offense has to start delivering guys home when they get on base. Most importantly, the Nationals can't give up. I dreamed they were very frustrated and despondent once they fell behind, totally uncharacteristic of this team.

Nope, it wasn't a dream, unfortunately. But tonight is another night.

2 Comments:

Blogger El Gran Color Naranja said...

My nightmare involved the Nats getting eaten by giant spiders. Let's be glad that one didn't come true.

Nice to have Livan pitching every other day now. You should sleep very soundly tonight.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Basil said...

I used to have this dream that my old roommate would drive by me in a police car, turn around, and flick me off. It was recurring.

I don't know how it relates to the Nats, though.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home