Tuesday, June 28, 2005

...and even free online bankin'



Props to Brad Wilkerson for coming out to the Sprint Store on Richmond Highway in Alexandria last night to sign some autographs. It wasn't a huge turn-out, but I don't think they did much publicity for the event.

Brad was very gracious, signing multiples for a lot of people, even the obvious collectors. He really lit up for the little kids, especially the ones dressed in Nats stuff. I asked him how the forearm was feeling, and he said it was much better. I shook his hand and thanked him, hopefully dispelling the possibility that I was a stereotypical twenty-something male who just wanted an autograph to sell.

I really hope more events like these keep popping up. It's a great way to connect younger fans with their new team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home