Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Insert transparent attempt at "Byrd" pun here

Nats 5, Beer Makers 2

Byrd Man

Even though I'm still whipped, I managed to keep an eye on the MLB.tv feed of the game while the future missus and I watched the "Everybody Loves Raymond" finale.

Last night's win was further proof that the Phillies suck! Not that I needed any more proof anyways. We should be forever grateful to the City of Brotherly Love for taking Inning-Endy Chavez off our hands and sending us a guy like Marlon Byrd. He took a liking to RFK and DC immediately, going 3-4 with 3 RBIs, the difference in the game. Tony Armas (my TA2 nickname is catching on, I'm so proud!) looked like he pitched just fine, pretty well in fact. If he can keep it up, well I'm just giddy thinking about our rotation.

I wish I had something more insightful to say, but I only saw the game in bits and pieces. But I'm pleased right now. We're 21-17 and six of the next nine games are against teams under .500. 5-4 is a reasonable expectation over the next nine games, which would make us 26-21. I'll take that any day.

Note: I really like Boswell's column on Chad Cordero. I like "the Chief" a lot - maybe it's because we're the exact same age, and my feet also "go sideways like a duck." He also owns up to his mistakes, which earns him a lot of points in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home