Sunday, May 08, 2005

Explosion!

So I go away to attend the college graduation of the future Mrs. Rocket1124. And I come back to find the Nationals have exploded for 20 runs in two games! Damn!

Gamer!

Sounds like Ryan Church was the story in this one. Seven RBIs in seven at-bats. Not too darn bad for a guy many believed should be the next sent down to AAA New Orleans. Of course, this doesn't mean he's the new star of the team, but I don't doubt that a weekend like this will give Churchy some confidence. He seemed to freely admit that his earlier problems were mental; a matter of just getting the mechanics of his swing back in tune. I'd be sounding "band-wagonish" if I said that I always knew Churchy would come around. But I think the guy has got something. He seems like he appreciates the fans and really wants to play hard. He even drops by a fan message board on occasion.

Chris at Capitol Punishment was also away this weekend and gives his take on the weekend's happenings.

Five games into the roadtrip and we're 4-1. Nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home